SYNCHRONY EMERGING TECHNOLOGY CREDIT MODELING INTERN
The Synchrony Emerging Technology Center located at UIUC’s Research Park focuses on advancing our internal capabilities in artificial intelligence, data science, and other emerging technology domains to create long-term value for our customers. The interns in the program will work closely with our Innovation Station and SMEs to deliver projects for our business stakeholders. Projects can range across multiple disciplines such as basic market and technology research, big data analytics, proof-of-concept creation, data visualization, and software development. When you’re here, you’re part of the team and we’ll expect you to help us raise the bar.
Credit Model Development internship:
This assignment offers an array of opportunities to gain valuable hands-on experience. You’ll have opportunities across different areas of our team, giving you unique perspectives on how Credit Model Development fits into the broader business landscape – for example:
- Apply knowledge of time series, regression, and common supervised Machine Learning technologies to enhance a better prediction.
• Apply mathematical and statistical learning techniques to derive the error propagation, locating the macro issues to a more granular level.
• Teamwork based data pipeline: data wrangling and feature engineering.
• Apply strong communication skills to document and present the developed complex methodologies and testing results in concise verbal and other visual way.
The internship will be spent working side by side with credit experts where you will apply your theoretical knowledge to complete challenging projects. Exposure to these real-life technical projects will accelerate your career and develop your skills in a cutting-edge global environment.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree at University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
- The ability to understand the constraints of a problem and identify the tradeoffs
- Hands-on experience in large, complex data processing and modeling from previous academic projects or professional project.
- Proficiency and confidence in using Python, SQL, and Tableau with no or minimal help
- Understanding Spark and distributed data management systems is highly preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit syf.com.