Software/Electrical Engineering Intern/Co-op/Student – Kohler
Kohler Innovation Center
The intern/co-op/student would act in a supporting role for research & design of computer science engineering functions including (not limited to) programming languages and software engineering. Primarily working with Ignition – an industrial tool used in manufacturing, employing SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) principles. It monitors, controls, and optimizes processes by collecting and analyzing data, aiding in production management and operational efficiency
The individual will work in a multi-disciplined engineering team that includes software engineers, data scientists, and material scientists. Additionally, the role will be responsible for documentation of manufacturing processes, adhering to industry standards for hardware and software, ensuring clarity and traceability for future reference and improvement.
1. Design, develop, and implement SCADA systems to monitor and control industrial processes efficiently
2. Work collaboratively with assembly and automation engineers
3. Collaborate with standards and documentation committees to produce comprehensive documentation for all processes and procedures.
4. Explore and assess new tools encompassing databases, performance monitoring solutions, Docker, and .NET code within the IT environment to optimize system functionality and performance
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
1. Reports to Manager – University of Illinois Research Park (UIRP)
1. Collaborates with Digital Transformation engineering team for project and process guidance
2. Works in close relationship to key business stakeholders (end customer internal to Kohler) for project requirements gathering, feedback, and updates
3. Contact with external companies (I.E. hardware/software developers) for quoting purposes
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires current enrollment and/or successful completion of study at an accredited school offering Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related degree(s) or course work related to Computer Science.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Preferred experience – Python, object-oriented programming, SQL, SCADA tools.
Must be self-motivated and can function within a project team environment.
To apply for this job please visit kohler.csod.com.