Riverbed Software Engineer – Network Analytics Intern – Fall 2021
Riverbed enables organizations to maximize performance and visibility for networks and applications, so they can overcome complexity and fully capitalize on their digital and cloud investments. The Riverbed Network and Application Performance Platform enables organizations to visualize, optimize, remediate and accelerate the performance of any network for any application. The platform addresses performance and visibility holistically with best-in-class WAN optimization, network performance management (NPM), application acceleration (including Office 365, SaaS, client and cloud acceleration), and enterprise-grade SD-WAN. Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 99% of the Fortune 100.
Start Date: Immediate start, lasting at least to the end of 2021.
Riverbed is looking for two Software Engineer Interns to apply statistical and machine learning techniques under some challenging circumstances: we have terabytes to petabytes of data for each customer to analyze for correlation, mutual information, anomalies, and feature extraction – way too much to bring together into a data lake, and really too much to take more than a single pass through.
To make full use of the benefits of fog or edge computing, we need help performing some already-complicated tasks on a streaming and distributed basis. The challenge we need help with:
- Find dependencies and mutual information among time series metrics without directly comparing them
- Identify market basket-style affinities on a streaming basis
- Deduplicate transactions for anomaly detection without sending them to a central analysis location
- Develop techniques to aid human analysts’ understanding of a stream of anomalies by finding commonalities and hidden dependencies
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Minimum MS Degree (PhD candidate highly desired)
- Proficiency with Python and Python tools (pandas, numpy, sklearn)
- Very familiar with Jupyter Notebook or Azure ML Studio
Additional skills that will help you succeed:
- Experience with Networking & Network troubleshooting
- Experience with Tensorflow
- Knowledge of edge computing and/or Azure cloud
- Good documentation and presentation skills (to communicate your ideas to the broader engineering team)
Why Join Riverbed
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, delivering exceptional network performance and visibility for any application. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.