Research Park Video Intern – Summer 2021
University of Illinois Research Park and EnterpriseWorks Staff
Do you enjoy telling stories through video and pictures? Do you get excited about being able to creatively document an event and show your work off to others? The Video Intern will demonstrate their multimedia capabilities along with their teamwork and project management skills by working on meaningful, high-impact projects. This internship will allow you to fine-tune and develop your videography and photography skills in a professional environment. Interns will collaborate and coordinate with Research Park leadership and the EnterpriseWorks intern team.
Who We Are
Research Park is a technology hub for corporate operations focusing on innovative, cutting edge research and development. EnterpriseWorks is an award-winning incubator at the Research Park that focuses on science and research-based start-up companies commercializing technology from the University of Illinois. We have a multifaceted team of professionals and interns dedicated to helping our startups and corporations thrive in the Research Park. Our previous interns have gone on to work at companies includingbut not limited to: Google, Facebook, IBM, PepsiCo, Goldman Sachs, Denodo, All State, Yelp, Solstice, and Surface 51.
What You’ll Do
The Research Park hosts over 200 events annually and as a Video Intern, you will be responsible for capturing quality photos and videos of our virtual and in-house events (when they resume). You will also be tasked with editing and recapping these events, plus creating videos to promote Research Park and EnterpriseWorks as whole.You may also be assigned projects (promotional videos/photoshoots, etc) for start-ups in the EnterpriseWorks incubator. You and a team of interns will meet with the client to discuss the project timeline and expectations. You will be responsible for determining techniques to utilize for completion of the project.A storytelling mindset is valuable for an intern in this position to use as a frame of reference when editing footage. It is important to coordinate effectively with EnterpriseWorks staff and clients to execute all projects to their highest potential.
You MUST meet these requirements to be eligible for this internship.
- Graduation date must be May 2022 or after
- Must be a full-time enrolled student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign at the time of employment
- Must be available to work 10-12 hours/week during Spring 2021and full time (40 hours/week) Summer 2021. Upon a successful performance review, this position can continue through multiple semesters.
- Ability to maintain clear communications with management on project status
- Strong photography and videography skills
- Strong proficiency with video editing software, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience using a DSLR camera and camcorder
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly solve new design problems
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and balance multiple projects
- Ability to work on short deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
Nice to have:
- Experience with Zoom
- Experience with recording, editing videos for RSO’s or class project
For your application, please prepare:
- Cover letter explaining how your experience makes you a good fit for this position
- URL to a video YOU created
- Hourly wage will be $12.00/hour and will be paid by the University of Illinois.
- Pending successful performance reviews, the internship can continue through multiple semesters and there is potential to be promoted into a leadership role.