Research Park Graphic Design Intern – Spring/Summer 2022
Do you want to apply your graphic design skills to real world campaigns for Research Park and start-ups? Do you enjoy working with different types of people? Do you thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented atmosphere? We’re looking for a talented student studying graphic design who loves working in both print and digital formats. On our team you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful, high-impact projects.
Who We Are
Research Park is a technology hub for corporate operations focusing on innovative, cutting edge research and development. EnterpriseWorks is an award-winning incubator at the Research Park that focuses on science and research-based start-up companies commercializing technology from the University of Illinois. We have a multifaceted team of professionals and interns dedicated to helping our startups and corporations thrive in the Research Park. Our previous interns have gone on to work at companies including: Google, Facebook, IBM, PepsiCo, Goldman Sachs, Denodo, All State, Yelp, Solstice, and Surface 51.
What You’ll Do
As a Graphic Design Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects for a diverse group of clients. You will collaborate and network with high-level executives and entrepreneurs alike as well as other interns from a diverse spectrum of disciplines. For example, you will work alongside Communications and Web Development interns to design and implement a client’s vision for a website. Your designs can make a lasting impact across the Research Park and beyond. You will also create graphics for any events related to Research Park, such as information sessions or office hours.
Other past projects include:
- Pop up banners
- Wall graphics
- Print and digital ads
- Video graphics
- Large-scale exterior/interior building signage
- Digital, print, and social media graphics for events
- Conference branding, include booklets, stickers, etc.
- Company logo creation
You must meet these requirements to be eligible for this internship.
- Graduation date of May 2022 or later
- Must be a current student majoring in Graphic Design or similar field
- Must be a full-time enrolled student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign at the time of employment
- Must be available to work part time 10-20 hours/week during Spring 2022
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Ability to work in Microsoft PowerPoint presentation software
- Experience in many different types of design, such as print and digital
- Ability to quickly solve new design problems
- Strong layout and typography skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and balance multiple projects
- Ability to work on short deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate with management on project status
Nice to Have:
- Experience with campus printing services
- WordPress experience
To apply, please prepare the following:
- Cover letter explaining how your experience makes you a good fit for this position
- URL to your online portfolio (if you do not have an online portfolio please upload a sample of your favorite designs)
- Hourly wage will be $13 per hour based on experience and will be paid by the University of Illinois.
- Pending successful performance reviews, the internship can continue through multiple semesters and there is opportunity to be promoted into a leadership role.
- Application will close November 10, 2021
- Individuals selected will be contacted the week after.
Questions? Email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org