Research Park Event Coordination Intern – Spring/Summer 2022
EnterpriseWorks & University of Illinois Research Park
Join our team to utilize your organizational and creative skills to plan out luncheons, networking events, workshops, and more for the University of Illinois Research Park! We’re looking for an organized, self-motivated student who loves event planning and managing to join our intern team. Here at Research Park, you will be a key part in the success and joy brought to all who attend the various events hosted throughout the year.
Who we are
Research Park is a technology hub for corporate operations focusing on innovative, cutting edge research and development. EnterpriseWorks is an award-winning incubator at the Research Park that focuses on science and research-based start-up companies commercializing technology from the University of Illinois. We have a multifaceted team of professionals and interns dedicated to helping our startups and corporations thrive in the Research Park. Our previous interns have gone on to work at companies including but not limited to: Korn Ferry, Google, Facebook, IBM, All State, Blue Bunny, Conversant, Yelp, Leo Burnett, Solstice, and Surface 51.
What You’ll Do
The Event Coordination Intern assists in the implementation and organization of over 250 events annually including small workshops, corporate grand openings, and large-scale conferences. You’ll work alongside the Events & Programming Coordinator to brainstorm ideas, establish expectations, and create guidelines and schedules for each event. You will communicate with outside vendors to organize activities, food and/or decorations and make sure all event logistics are completed on time. For both virtual and in-person events, you will communicate with outside vendors to organize activities, food and/or decorations and make sure all event logistics are completed on time. Some events may require you to work outside of standard work hours (i.e. 8am – 6 pm) as you take the lead in managing the event in its entirety which may include set-up and tear-down. You will also maintain comprehensive event planning documentation leading up to events and compile feedback and post-event reviews. See our events page and calendar to get an idea of the breadth of events you will get to organize: researchpark.illinois.edu/events.
This position will begin training part time during Spring 2022 at 10 hours/week and continue full-time through Summer 2022 at 40 hours/week. Upon successful performance reviews, this internship can continue through multiple semesters.
You MUST meet these requirements to be eligible for this internship.
- Graduation date must be May 2022 or later
- Must be a full-time enrolled student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign at the time of employment
- Must be available to work 10 hours/week during Spring 2022 and 40 hours/week Summer 2022
- Strong ability to maintain clear communications with management on event status
- Strong planning and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong project and time management skills to ensure all event logistics are completed on-time and within scope
- Excellent ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects; work in fast-paced environments
- Comfortable and able to work on short deadlines
- Ability to quickly resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong customer service skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Nice to Have:
- Management/Leadership experience
- Experience using Zoom
For your application, please prepare:
- Cover letter
- A to-do list for an event you have planned or a project you managed
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
- Hourly wage will be $13/hour based on experience and will be paid by the University of Illinois.
- Pending successful performance reviews, the internship can continue through multiple semesters and there is potential to be promoted into a leadership role.
- Application will close November 10, 2021
- Individuals selected will be contacted the week after.
Questions? Email email@example.com