Nutrien Lead Software Engineer – Sustainability
Nutrien is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to work in Champaign, IL.
What You Will Do
- Shape and implement strategic products to ensure that the Digital team stays on the leading edge of technology
- Contribute across the software stack, including application development, infrastructure, continuous deployment, and improving our developer ecosystem
- Develop a world-class web platform for measuring and reporting agricultural sustainability
- Build systems that achieve reliability and accuracy while delivering a compelling user experience
- Work on a cross-functional agile team that is responsive to the needs of the customer and contributes to the overall technical strategy
- Contribute to the development of the organization by sharing knowledge with peers both within the team and across the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline, or graduation from a top boot camp program; experience may be considered in lieu of education
- 7+ years of software development experience with an emphasis on writing code required
- 1+ year in a leadership position or management role required
- Strong competency with React, GraphQL, REST APIs, and React Native
- Experience working with UX designers and product managers to deliver a cohesive product
- Experience with platform instrumentation such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel
- Strong competency with Python, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and AWS cloud resources
- Can evaluate and discuss relative strengths of key technical decisions and architectural design patterns
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
- Agile Development experience including test driven development, code reviews, and CI/CD
Compensation & Benefits
The Salary Range for this position is estimated to be $116,000-$140,000. Actual salary and benefits may differ based upon location.
We provide an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance, as well as disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. In addition, we have a retirement program that encourages our employees to save for the longer term, with generous matching employer contributions. Our benefits package also demonstrates our culture of care with paid vacation, sick days, and holidays as well as paid personal and maternity/parental leaves and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Details of the benefits package will be shared in the application process.
The position will be hired through a third-party agency.
Learn more about us at: https://www.nutrien.com/what-we-do
Who We Are
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application, and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.