Front End Engineer Intern – Ascent
We are looking for a Front End Engineer Intern to support us in the development of our ShieldPortal and expand our current connectivity options. Ideally, this person has experience in application development and android interface design, as well as familiarity with languages such as java, xml, html, and css.
On a day to day basis, you will research new technologies and propose solutions to user needs. You will identify UI problems and bugs and devise elegant solutions. Additionally, you will participate in code reviews and ship code on a daily basis. You will also edit and manage fully functional Android Studio applications that align with business objectives.
Ascent is building the single dashboard for high-intensity, small unit tactics. We provide actionable insight on the health, environment, and location of Firefighters, SWAT, Warfighters, and Hazmat. to augment operators in hazardous environments with actionable insights that improve safety and productivity.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Junior/Senior Undergraduate or Graduate Student
- Proficient in Java/XML, knowledgeable in Kotlin, knows some python.
- Proficiency in Android Studio architecture.
- Deep understanding of core programming principles, including design
- Highly motivated individual who has a drive to learn new things
- Willing and excited to collaborate with others
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Google Maps API or equivalent
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.