Research Park Front End Developer (WordPress) Internship – Spring / Summer 2020
University of Illinois Research Park and EnterpriseWorks Staff
Do you have a passion for creating websites? Do you get excited about entrepreneurship? Do you enjoy working with different types of people? Do you thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented atmosphere? The Web Development Intern will have the opportunity to work as part of an interdisciplinary team to create websites for a variety of clients. Throughout this internship you will gain practical experience in web development while working in fun and exciting environment.
The University of Illinois Research Park is a technology hub for corporate operations focusing on innovative, cutting edge research and development. EnterpriseWorks is an award-winning incubator at the Research Park that focuses on science and research-based start-up companies commercializing technology from the University of Illinois. We have a multifaceted team of professionals and interns dedicated to helping our startups and corporations thrive in the Research Park.
Previous University of Illinois Research Park interns have gone onto work at companies including but not limited to: Google, Facebook, IBM, Denodo, All State, Blue Bunny, Yelp, Solstice, Leo Burnett and Surface 51.
This position will begin training during Spring 2020 and continue full-time through Summer 2020. Upon successful performance review, the role will continue into Fall 2020.
What You’ll Do
As a front end developer, you will be able to work on websites for a variety of startup tenants. Some of the websites will be for more agriculture based startups and some may be for more tech startups. The project manager intern will incorporate a web developer into a team of interns to meet and discuss content desired by a client. The graphic designers and communication interns will provide the web developer with the materials that are needed to be implemented into the website to then be deployed onto a live server. To wrap up the project, the intern will be tasked with providing the client with the tools to edit and take over their website in its entirety.
You MUST meet these requirements to be eligible for this internship.
- Graduation date of May 2021 or later
- Must be a current undergraduate
- Must be a full-time enrolled student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign at the time of employment
- Must be available to train 10-20 hours/week during Spring 2020
- Must be available to work 40 hours/week during Summer 2020
- Have experience with WordPress or other similar CMS
- Develop, implement and modify clients’ websites with WordPress platforms
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and under pressure
- Deploy websites onto live servers
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Have strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail and have problem sensitivity
- Ability to work within a timeline
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must maintain clear communications with management on project status
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Have Java experience
- Project management or consulting experience
- Website design experience
For your application, please prepare:
- Cover letter explaining how your experience makes you a good fit for this position
- URL to a website YOU created
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
- Hourly wage will be $12.00 per hour based on experience and will be paid by the University of Illinois.
- Pending successful performance reviews, the internship can continue through multiple semesters and there is opportunity for promotion into a leadership role.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit go.researchpark.illinois.edu.