Engineering Intern Industrial Fuses – Littelfuse
Littelfuse is one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Companies (Forbes) and has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois (Best Companies Group) for 11 consecutive years. With its global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, USA, Littelfuse is a leading, global manufacturer of electronic components serving more than 100,000 end customers across industrial, transportation, and electronics end markets. We have more than 17,000 employees with operations in 15 countries. From semiconductors to sensors… switches to fuses and more… we produce billions of electronic components that help our customers empower a sustainable, connected, and safer world. In 2021, Littelfuse had net sales of $2.1 billion.
Engineering Intern – Industrial Fuses
The Engineering Intern – Industrial Fuses will setup, perform, and troubleshoot a variety of engineering tests of new products. The Intern will also accurately report both quantitative and qualitative test data to ensure the devices function as expected. This internship will be on-site at our Champaign location.
- Junior/Senior level enrolled in an engineering program.
- Mechanical or Electrical (Power) engineering students preferred.
- Critical thinking will be required to identify and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- CAD experience is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow work instructions.
You will Learn how to :
- Fabricate and process prototypes.
- Setup and perform evaluations on a variety of circuit protection devices.
- Provide accurate observations of the testing process and the response of the sample device.
- Report any unique phenomena to engineers.
- Compose data reports for the engineers.
- Assist engineers with projects as necessary.
- Other additional duties as assigned.
Littelfuse strives to empower associate growth and development in a culture of ongoing collaboration and respect for diverse global perspectives and expertise. Our Core Values – Customer Focus, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork and Results Driven – supports us on our mission to improve the safety, reliability, efficiency, and performance of our customers’ products and systems.
We are always looking for bright minds to make a big impact – join us!
To apply for this job please visit littelfuse.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.