Editekk Plasma Material Engineer
We are looking for Research Engineers to join the Editekk team to help us develop and commercialize our surface modification technology in markets such as medtech, fusion energy, and others. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about solving real world problems by turning cutting edge research into operational production solutions.
- Surface processing development including working within a design control system, planning and carrying out surface modification experiments, performing surface and other analysis techniques (e.g., SEM, AFM, tensile testing, indentation), and interpreting results on various materials for multiple potential applications, including medtech and fusion energy.
- Multiple aspects of scale-up efforts including system design, equipment procurement, and construction and testing.
- Technical writing, including summarizing experimental results for in-house records and potential future publication, preparing documentation to meet design and manufacturing standards (design controls, standard operating procedures, etc.) and regulatory requirements (FDA), and developing research and grant proposals to secure additional funding sources.
- Working on projects as assigned and coordinating activities with outside collaboration as well as in-house personnel to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Currently pursuing or holding a BS, MS, or PhD in a STEM major, specifically including plasma engineering, materials science and engineering, or related
- Strong hands-on experience working in a laboratory, preferably utilizing vacuum systems and plasma/ion sources
- Experience with design, troubleshooting, and operating experimental setups preferred, including equipment interfacing and remote operation
- Experience with cellular biology and/or biomaterials benefitical, but not required
- Experience working under a Quality Management System preferred
- Experience using Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and other analysis techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing
- Strong academic record and prior publication preferred
- Passion to learn new technologies and problem-solve with our R&D team
- Collaboration in a cross-functional team environment; Ability to work independently