Cargill Software Engineering Intern – Summer 2020
Cargill Innovation Lab
Work in a fast-paced, innovative setting within Global IT to create software prototypes in weeks that solve real industry problems. Self-starters that love solving complex problems will thrive in this R&D setting. Gain hands-on experience working within a software team with product coaches and UX/UI designers.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
YOU MUST CURRENTLY BE ENROLLED AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, URBANA-CHAMPAIGN (UIUC) FOR THIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY WITH CARGILL AT THE UIUC RESEARCH PARK
In partnership with the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) research park, you will be given the opportunity as an intern to work with Cargill Digital Labs at UIUC, to gain hands on experience in real business situations and be exposed to many of Cargill’s businesses and functions during the work term. As an intern you would work as an individual contributor or in project teams where software engineering, analytical skills, product design, UX Design, leadership, collaboration, inclusion, and innovation are keys to success. As an organization Cargill’s mission is to lead in nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. The Cargill Digital Labs (CDL) team is to help prepare Cargill for a digital future. The vision of this future includes a thriving digital culture, continually launching of new digital business initiatives, and that Cargill will be a digital thought leader in the food and agriculture industries. In partnership with the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Cargill is establishing a research site within UIUC’s Research Park to further this mission. In its first iterations, we intend to leverage the site to host digital research projects, such as software, hardware and engineering prototypes which would be staffed by student interns from the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign. As we gain learnings from the experience, we will grow and mature our development capabilities within the park to best suit Cargill’s evolving digital journey.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign graduating between December 2020 and Summer 2022
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors’ degree with a major or minor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technology related discipline OR commensurate experience with software engineering in lieu of pursuing a related major/minor.
- Able to complete at minimum a 12-week internship during the summer of 2020 * Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with reasonable accommodations
- Pursuing a cross-disciplined degree in either Economics, Business, Food Science, or Agriculture Business.
- Commercial product software development experience
- Ability to demonstrate a strong aptitude for both technology and business
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred
- Knowledge of basic structured programming, systems analysis and design, database design, and business concepts
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to job-related duties
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills; collaboration skills; verbal and written communication skills; and information research and gathering skills Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.