AbbVie On/Offboarding Specialist Intern
Information Research (IR) is a group within AbbVie’s Business Technology Solutions (BTS) organization that is responsible for delivering business technology solutions, data analytic, and scientific informatic support to the full spectrum of R&D at AbbVie. IR regularly brings on external contractors to help it achieve its objectives. To facilitate the onboarding and offboarding process of external staff, IR is seeking one student to fill the role of an Onboarding/Offboarding Specialist.
The Onboarding/Offboarding Specialist will work with a Business Relationship Manager in two key areas:
- To onboard and offboard external personnel assigned to specific projects within AbbVie.
- Support process improvements
This position will expose students to the operations of managing external talent and is ideal for students with some technical acumen interested in a future career in HR and/or personnel management.
Major duties include:
- Onboarding and offboarding of contractors
- Assigning training accounts and specific training
- Ordering equipment or equipment returns
- Assigning system access
- Developing workflow charts in MS Visio
- Publishing meeting minutes online
- Supporting setup for team Jira site
- Isolating various account problems or issues through the AbbVie Help Desk
- Maintaining compliance of resources through their training due dates and updating management
- Registered as a full-time student
- Undergraduate (Junior/Senior) or Graduate Student (preferred)
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or equivalent
- Must be able to commit to a regular schedule of 12-15 hours a week during standard business hours
- Creative problem solver with ability to understand large picture but who will focus on details
- Willingness to collaborate and actively engage in independent learning and open discussion
- Experience utilizing Outlook
- Knowledge with or willingness to learn MS Visio, Jira, and MS Office tools
- Experienced with multiple responsibilities and deadlines in previous roles
- Previous work experience that required organization and timeliness on tasks that have hard deadlines
- Previous work experience that had spontaneous workflow that was adapted to and completed successfully
- Authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
Note: The position will be hired through a third-party hiring agency and will begin in the Fall 2021 semester and continue through 2022 (subject to student performance and funding).
To apply: Submit your resume to https://illinois.joinhandshake.com/jobs/5677907/.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are:
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013. Our mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. Our ~48,000 employees are scientists, researchers, communicators, manufacturing specialists and regulatory experts located around the globe. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The AbbVie Innovation Center (AIC), located in the Research Park at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, provides an opportunity for students and organizations throughout AbbVie to collaborate on projects that help advance our science. During the regular fall and spring semesters, this program is designed for students to work 12-15 hours/week in parallel with their school schedule. During the summer, students are expected to work 35-40 hours/week. As part of the “Any Student Anywhere” model, the AIC welcomes students from around the country to apply and work with us.