Applications are now open for the Fall 2022 gBETA AgTech program, run by the Research Park-based Illinois AgTech Accelerator. gBETA AgTech is a seven-week accelerator for early-stage AgTech and Agriculture startups.
Each gBETA AgTech program is capped at five teams innovating in AgTech and Agriculture. While the Illinois AgTech Accelerator recruits globally, the Fall 2022 gBETA AgTech will be a hybrid program with some in-person components. Illinois-based teams are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Illinois AgTech Accelerator is operated by the nationally-ranked startup accelerator gener8tor and powered by Champaign-based Serra Ventures.
The benefits of the gbeta AgTech program include:
- Individualized coaching and mentorship from the team of nationally-ranked accelerator gener8tor on company growth and investor readiness
- Facilitate introductions to over 50 mentors and investors
- $1M+ in deals and perks from vendors like IBM Cloud, Rackspace, Amazon, Paypal, Zendesk, Hubspot and Microsoft
- This program is completely free for the startup; there are no fees and no equity is taken.
gBETA AgTech takes a broad view of food and agriculture technologies and is committed to supporting early-stage companies. With this in mind, its selection process will consider the following:
- The Illinois AgTech Accelerator works with startups across the Ag and food sectors, favoring enterprise solutions over consumer products
- gBETA AgTech recruits internationally but heavily favors Illinois-based startups
- While an MVP/Beta is definitely helpful, there are no revenue/traction requirements. We just need to know that you are committed to building a high-growth company.
- Applications Due: September 9
- Kickoff: September 23rd
- Program Conclusion: November 11
Got questions? Contact Illinois AgTech Accelerator Managing Director Jack Marck at [email protected], or sign up for office hours via this link. There will be in-person office hours at EnterpriseWorks on Aug. 23.