The Research Park welcomes all University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students to our annual Research Park Block Party on Wednesday, September 2. Stay tuned for more updates.
Students can learn about internship and career opportunities, take a tour of the park, and meet professional and student representatives who work in the park during a networking session. They can also gear up for the fall recruiting season by practicing their career fair pitch or getting their resume reviewed by career services representatives.
Research Park Block Party 2020 Agenda:
- Tours start promptly at 4 pm and go off every 10 minutes until 5 pm
- Networking begins at 5:15 pm at Atkins Building Patio & Lawn, with career services available advise students on career fair best practices from 5:15-6 pm.
- Drinks and snacks are available at the networking portion of the event.
- Raffles are held at 5:30 pm and 6:30 pm. Every attendee is automatically entered to win, but you must be present to accept the prize.
- Concludes by 7 pm
*Agenda subject to change.
FAQ’s about Research Park Block Pary
1. What is the University of Illinois Research Park?
The Research Park at the University of Illinois is a leading technology hub that cultivates startups and accelerates corporate innovation.
2. How many companies are located within the Research Park?
The Research Park is home to over 120 different companies and growing.
3. How many student interns are employed at Research Park?
Over 800 student interns work gaining valuable experiences and making real contributions to companies within the Research Park.
4. What is the attire for the Research Park Block Party?
Casual attire is recommended. Bring walking shoes for the tour. If you need special accommodations, please do not hesitate to let us know.
5. How do I get to the Research Park Student Block Party?
Getting here is easy. Take the 1S Yellow Hopper and stop at First and Hazelwood. If you are driving, feel free to park at the EnterpriseWorks lot – it’s free. The parking lot is located off Oak Street.
6. Do Research Park companies hire freshmen?
Yes, the University of Illinois Research Park employs freshmen to PhD students.
7. What majors do companies within the Research Park hire?
All majors are encouraged to apply.
8. Which companies are participating this year?