Who We Are:
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The AbbVie Innovation Center is located in the Research Park at the University of Illinois and provides an opportunity for students and AbbVie’s Research and Development IT group to collaborate on projects to help advance our science.
The Part-Time Student Program at the AbbVie Innovation Center, located in the Research Park, is designed to augment AbbVie’s regular staff, and is for students who are able to work in parallel to their school schedule.
Major duties include:
• Evaluate CDE functionality in existing Statistical Computing Environment
• Compare CDE functionality with Linux X Windows like GNOM or KDE
• Compare CDE functionality with SAS Enterprise Guide (EG)
• Gap analysis between CDE & Linux X Windows and CDE & EG
• Generate gap analysis report to identify what functionality is fully met, partially met or not met with CDE Base Functionality
• Must be registered as a full-time student at the University of Illinois
• Must be able to commute to the work location
• Graduate students
• Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or equivalent
• Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
• 10 - 15 hours/week during the academic year
• 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
Preferred Technical Skills:
• Strong Unix and Linux programming background .
• Knowledge of installation and configuration of Unix/ Linux and desktop like GNOME.
• Programming knowledge shall include UNIX shell, Perl and other scripting language.
• Knowledge of SAS/ R or any other Analytic language is desirable.
Note: The position will be hired through a third-party hiring agency and will begin as soon as possible over the spring semester with the requirement of continuing into the Summer 2017.
To apply: Submit your resume to Masha Trenhaile at Masha.Trenhaile@abbvie.com
Learn more about us at: www.abbvie.com