Have you ever thought that you’d like to write code to model something awesome? Like rockets? Aircraft? Explosions? Advanced battery performance? That’s what we do at Illinois Rocstar! Producing tools, interfaces, and systems to run on the most advanced high performance computing platforms in the world, we are all about making High Performance Computational Science and Engineering better and easier to use. To learn more about us and three of our current open-source projects, see:
http://www.illinoisrocstar.com http://github.com/IllinoisRocstar http://chemistryhub.org
In this permanent, full-time position, you’ll be working alongside a great team of computationally-savvy engineers and scientists using our custom agile development process and environment. You’ll be involved in multiple projects; you won’t be bored as there’s always something new to work on. Everyone on the team works the entire process: planning, programming, testing, documenting, and deploying. You’ll be part of the big picture. This position focuses the most attention on the programming aspect of the process.
· You must be an accomplished C/C++ programmer and have a B.S. or M.S degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other appropriate areas.
· You must be a U.S. citizen or current U.S. permanent resident.
· You must be comfortable working in a Linux development environment, compiling at the command line.
· You must have good communication/writing/presentation skills.
· You must be willing to live in/relocate to the Champaign, Illinois area.
Nice-to-Haves, But Not Required (in approximate order of importance)
· Parallel programming experience (preferably MPI, but thread-based parallelism will be considered).
· Science background in such fields as engineering, physics, math, chemistry, etc.
· Linux and/or Linux cluster administration skills.
· Knowledge of build system and configuration management (CMake, SVN, GitHub, etc.)
· Experience with enterprise-level, web-oriented database systems.
We offer a competitive salary + benefits package, including 401K with company matching, vacation, holidays, subsidized health insurance, and performance bonuses. Salary commensurate with experience and skillset as applies to the position. Illinois Rocstar is located in the University of Illinois Research Park (http://www.researchpark.illinois.edu/), home to a wide variety of high-tech startups and multiple Fortune 500 research organizations. The tech environment is amazing (http://www.yourewelcomecu.com/); Champaign is one of the best small cities that you’ll ever find to live in (http://www.visitchampaigncounty.org/), and it’s only a short drive to Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Come join us as a Rocstar!
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and github or website links describing your work on a significant programming project to firstname.lastname@example.org.