The John Deere Technology Innovation Center (JDTIC), located at Research Park on the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus, is seeking a qualified graduate student researcher to join our team. This role will consist of using agronomic literature, both scientific and popular press, to develop business opportunities. The focus will be on synthesis of agronomic literature to develop innovative solutions for our customers.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Library & Information Sciences
• Crop Sciences
• Agricultural Equipment
What you will do:
• Research and organize literature on agricultural topics.
• Synthesize literature into meaningful summaries.
• Develop presentations and communicate results to engineering and marketing teams.
• Engage in active research projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Pursuing graduate degree in information sciences/or agricultural discipline, such as crop sciences, agricultural engineering.
• Coursework/experience with conducting literature reviews.
• Knowledge of farm operations for crop production (e.g. corn, soybean, wheat).
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to document and communicate results.
• Demonstrated strong work ethic, high quality of work.
• Being able to work autonomously and in a team environment.
• Good communication skills and enthusiastic to learn.
Salary and Benefits:
Pay rate commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time summer position (40 hrs/week), part-time semester position (15-20 hrs/week).
All work will be performed at JDTIC in Research Park.
About Us: More information about John Deere can be found at http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/corporate/our_company/our_company.page
Contact: Please contact ArmstrongKevinL@JohnDeere.com about this position.