There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Champaign
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Mobile Product Owner - 26400
As the Mobile Product Owner working at John Deere’s Innovation Center in Champaign, IL, you will have a front row seat to the digital farming revolution. You will work on projects with complex software challenges that help deliver a “connected experience” for John Deere’s customers. We are looking for individuals who enjoy tackling tough problems in a creative way. If you’re passionate about making our farmers more productive through mobile technologies, we’d like to talk with you!
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for breaking high level features down in to user stories that the product development team can work on within a sprint.
- Help define all acceptance criteria for a user story by working with key stakeholders (e.g. product manager, systems engineers, architects, developers, etc.).
- Be ultimately responsible for ensuring that the software product is capable of supporting all marketing requirements to ensure that John Deere wins in the precision farming industry.
- Work closely with Software Development Engineers (SDE) who write production code that improves the efficiency of our customer's equipment; and work with closely with Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) and Product Owners (POs), each contributing equally to the development life cycle.
- Build software in an environment that fosters a "culture of speed"; as a senior member of the team, the SDE will also help lead the adoption of Agile software development practices.
*** U.S. visa sponsorship is NOT available for the role. ***
What Skills You Need
- Two (2) or more years of professional software development.
- Experience in roles that required a good working knowledge of app architectures and technologies as well as their integration in back-end systems.
- Experience in roles that required a good understanding of Agile principles and methods.
- Experience in roles that required excellent prioritization skills.
- Experience in roles that required demonstration of excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities and design skills.
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Two (2) or more years of experience as product owner, including a proven record of successful market launches of mobile apps.
- Native iOS development in Objective C/Swift.
- Experience with Android mobile development.
- Experience in one of more of the following: Ajax, REST, JSON
- Farming experience.
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelors of Arts/Science in a Computer Science or other related Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or, Agricultural).
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Computer Science related disciplines preferred.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.