We are seeking a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) student to primarily support Abbott Nutrition Supply Chain’s Material Value Stream (MVS) team on a key project that aims to reduce manufacturing waste and increase margin through exploratory data analytics across the continuum of the raw material to consumer product process.
The Student Will Be Responsible For:
· Reviewing and synthesizing insights from plant and ingredient data
· Conducting qualitative and quantitative data analyses
· Communicating findings and progress to applicable project leader on a regular basis
What We Offer To Our Student Employees:
· Part-time employment with Abbott at the UIUC Research Park during the academic year
· Minimum of 8-10 hr/week and maximum of 19 hr per week
· Competitive hourly wage commensurate with year in school
· Flexible work schedule Monday to Saturday with 24/7 keycard office access
· Personally-assigned workstation in a modern style office space
· Valuable experience in the global healthcare industry
· Must be enrolled as a student at UIUC
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related discipline
· Experience using MS Office applications
· Attention to detail, effective communicator, and excellent verbal/written English language skills
· Self-motivated problem solver that can lead a project from beginning to end
Start Date/Duration: Summer 2017
Interested in Applying?
Candidates should complete an online application at www.abbott.com/careers.html, and under “Search Jobs” use the keywords, “Abbott Research Park – Part-Time Student Researcher.” Additionally, candidates should send a copy of their resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Kati Daniel and Keith Garleb, including a subject line, with the Title and Job ID: “MVS R&D Intern 200023”.