Category: Market Research
Position: Market Research Team Lead
Status: Contract Full Time
Hours per week: 40
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking for: Innovators. Problem Solvers. Creative Thinkers.
Who We Are
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The AbbVie Innovation Center is located in the Research Park at the University of Illinois and provides an opportunity for to students and AbbVie’s Research and Development IT group to collaborate on projects to help advance our science.
Market Research Team Lead
The Market Research Team Lead is the primary point of contact for IT market research proposals, analyses, and projects executed at the AbbVie Innovation Center located in the Research Park at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. The Market Research Team is a team of 2-4 university students at the AbbVie Innovation Center that provide Phase 0 and market research services to Information Research (IR) teams located in Lake County, Illinois. This position is an independently contracted position.
• Develop business relationships across Information Research (IR), understanding current market research needs and identifying potential projects fit for the Innovation Center
• Lead analyst team, guiding student efforts, managing timelines and activities, and ensuring client satisfaction
• Mentor and develop students in accordance with analyst skillset and AbbVie behaviors
• Make recommendations to clients regarding best opportunity for engagements (utilize Market Research team or University engagement)
• Identify opportunities within AbbVie and the University to execute value-adding projects and analyses
• Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie and IR policies and procedures
• BS in Business Administration or related discipline; MBA preferred
• Life Science experience; Biology/Chemistry minor preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Self-starter, comfortable with engaging leadership
• Ability to effectively control scope and manage ambiguity
• Advanced client relationship and issue resolution skills
• Advanced knowledge of client organization dynamics and ability to effectively navigate them to the benefit to the team
• Advanced leadership and team management skills
• Must be able to travel <10% of time
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to Masha Trenhaile
More about AbbVie: www.abbvie.com