Recruitment Spring 2017
Job Board Post
Cline Center for Democracy seeks Analysts for Civil Unrest Research Project
· Civil Unrest Analyst
· Looking for highly motivated, independent-minded, and detail-oriented persons to identify and create detailed event records for a civil unrest event database case study. Tasks involve reading and analyzing relevant news articles and using an advanced computer aided survey system to extract key details about each event, such as location, date, persons/groups involved, etc. Successful applicants will proceed through a lengthy training course. Successful completion of training is required for advancement to analyst position.
· Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree with a preference given towards social sciences (geography, history, political science, psychology, sociology, global studies, etc)
· Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org and please submit a Resume/CV and Cover Letter with this email.
· Promising applicants will be contact for an interview at an arranged time.
· Compensation begins at $9.50 for training, going up to $11.00 an hour for successfully trained analysts.
· Successful Applicants will work 20 to 25 hours per week at the Cline Center for Democracy located at 2001 South First St #207, Champaign, IL 61820. There is ample parking and the location is serviced by the CUMTD Yellow Hopper bus.